To be accepted at CRIT a child must have a neurological, skeletal and/or muscular disability that limits the child’s activity or restricts their participation in society. This disability is typically associated with another type of health condition in the child as well. The child must also be between 0 to 17.6 years of age at acceptance.

Before a child can receive treatment at CRIT, they must apply for enrollment by calling the center and registering. Once registered, the child will be placed on a waiting list until a spot opens up. When a spot opens up, the child’s family will be contacted with a date for the initial evaluation process. Referrals from community physicians are also accepted.

Description Image

Apply for Enrollment

Before a child can receive treatment at CRIT, an application for enrollment is required. Please review the steps below to begin the enrollment process.  


  1. Call CRIT at 1-844-206-4512 and request to enroll your child for treatment. If our lines are busy, please leave us a voicemail, including your name and best contact number, and a patient services representative will contact you as soon as possible.
  2. The patient services representative will register your child on our waiting list and assign an appropriate group/clinic depending on the diagnosis of your child.  
  3. Once there is an opening in your assigned group/clinic, you will be contacted by a patient services representative for scheduling of an Initial Evaluation.
  4. On the date of your Initial Evaluation, we ask that you arrive one hour prior to your appointment time and bring the following documents:
    • A copy of your child’s medical records
    • A copy of your child’s vaccination record
    • Insurance card
    • Child’s birth certificate
    • Social security card
    • Parental identification
    • Proof of address
    • Proof of income
  5. Initial evaluations are a lengthy process.  Please be prepared to spend one (1) day at the CRIT for the evaluation process, if you live locally, OR be prepared to spend two (2) days, if you live out of the San Antonio or surrounding areas or live outside the state of Texas.  
  6. Once accepted to the program, you will meet with the billing specialists to determine your financial responsibility and cost of the rehabilitation program.  


 If you have any questions, contact us via the button below or give us a call at 1-844-206-4512.

Visitor's Guide

Whether you live in town, or are visiting us from another state, all of the information you need for your visit can be found here. From where you can stay, to parking and transportation, we want to make your visit as seamless as possible. Also, our facilities are wheelchair accessible and especially made to accommodate all of our patients.

Description Image


Description Image


Description Image


Description Image



10839 Quarry Park, San Antonio, TX 78233

Parking is free and located in the front of the building.

Description Image



Ronald McDonald House (RMH) 227 Lewis Street, San Antonio, TX 78212, 210-223-6014

  • Call for availability on day of arrival
  • Limit of 4 individuals per room (this includes infants and toddlers)
  • Donation based

Below is a list of nearby hotels

  • Quality Inn San Antonio North 10815 N. IH-35 San Antonio, TX 78233, 210-656-4600*
  • Comfort Suites North IH-35 11526 N. IH-35, San Antonio, TX 78233, 210-656-4600*
  • Doubletree by Hilton San Antonio Airport 37 NE Loop 410 (at McCullough) San Antonio, TX 78216, 210-366-2424*
  • Drury Inn & Suites Northeast 4900 Crestwind Dr. San Antonio, TX 78239, 210-657-1107*
  • Hampton Inn & Suites Schertz 17702 IH-35 North, Schertz, TX 78154, 210-566-6110
  • Pear Tree 8300 N. IH-35 San Antonio, TX 78239, 210-654-1144

*Denotes discounts for CRIT families

Description Image


There are a few options in the San Antonio area.


  • Metropolitan Transit 1-800-362-2020
    • For customer and route information visit
  • The City of San Antonio’s public transportation system.
    • Closest bus stop to CRIT is #502 in front of Morgan’s Wonderland.

The following Taxi companies offer handicap accessible services to visitors:

  • San Antonio Taxis 210-444-2222
    • Best to call at least 2 hours before to reserve a service for a wheelchair accessible vehicle.
  • Yellow Cabs 210-222-2222
    • Best to call ahead and make a reservation as there is limited availability for wheelchair accessible vehicles.
  • Via Trans
    • Wheelchair accessible transportation might be available for children 6 years and older.
    • Please visit with the social worker after child has been accepted as a patient to request the information.
Description Image


A convenience store within walking distance

Other convenience stores, restaurants and fast food chains, public libraries, and shopping centers that are a short drive away.

Morgan’s Wonderland, the world’s first accessible family fun park.

Description Image



If you are attempting to self-enroll your child without a referral please follow the steps in the “Apply for Enrollment” section above.


If you are a hospital, clinic, physician, school, or court and are trying to refer a child for enrollment at CRIT please follow the steps below.

  1. Fax referral request to 210-451-8057; ATTN:  Patient Services Manager
  2. Include demographic face sheet, including insurance information, contact information, reason for referral, name and contact information of referring source, last physician progress note/history and physical, and any labs, imaging, swallow studies or other pertinent information
  3. Once referral is received, medical records will be reviewed by a physician on staff
  4. If a rehabilitation need is determined, a patient services representative will contact the family to schedule their initial evaluation by a Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation physician
Description Image

Finance and Insurance

CRIT offers multiple payment options to ensure children who are insured, underinsured and uninsured all have access to our unique model of care. On your day of evaluation you will meet with our billing specialists to determine your financial responsibility.


Frequently Asked Questions


The following answers are general in nature and may differ among insurance companies and CRIT’s contracts with them.


Does CRIT accept insurance?

Yes. Please contact your insurance company to get more information on your specific policy and coverage.


Will CRIT bill Medicaid or commercial insurances?


Yes. Therapy services (Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, and Speech Therapist) and assistive technology services provided at CRIT will be billed to your insurance.  Physician services and other medical services will be billed to your insurance when those services are covered by your health insurance (or other program). These services may include Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (PM&R), Pediatrics, Pediatric Neurology, counseling, social work, and nutrition.


What am I expected to pay?

Co- pays, deductibles and co-insurance, based on your insurance policy, must be paid prior to the time of service.


What happens if I cannot pay my bill?

For insured children, we will follow the rules provided by your insurance policy.  You may be able to apply for financial hardship to reevaluate your payment commitment.  You must be prepared and be able to prove financial hardship. You can also contact our Patient Services Department to discuss payment arrangements.


How will this new billing policy affect me if I am an out of town Texas resident or out of state resident?

We will follow the rules of your insurance provider. The effect it has on you will depend on your insurance provider network benefits. Please contact your insurance company in order to get more information about your specific insurance policy. If your insurance does not have out of network benefits, you may qualify to continue receiving services at CRIT based on the sliding scale.

My child is seeing a therapist in the local community outside of CRIT. Will I still be able to see this provider?

Generally, an insurance company will not authorize two different providers for the same service. For example, if you have a physical therapist out in the community you will not be able to see a physical therapist at CRIT. However, you may still come to CRIT for occupational and speech services, if you are not getting those services somewhere else. As the parent, you have the right to choose where your child receives medical services.


If my child’s authorizations lapses will my child go on hold?

Therapy authorizations are given for specific date ranges. There are times when a gap in authorizations may occur. Occupational, physical, and speech therapy services will go on hold during this gap until the services are re-authorized.  All physician and other ancillary services generally may continue to be provided, depending on your plan.


Can I continue to remain on the sliding scale if I have insurance?



What services are billed to me or my child’s insurance?

The services will be determined based on your insurance benefits.  


If my child has insurance, will I still have to pay?

You will have to pay your financial responsibility based on your insurance policy.

Patient financial responsibility may include co-pays, co-insurance, deductibles, and annual or lifetime benefit maximums. You can check with your insurer or the insurer’s member handbook to find out:

  • You or your child’s insurance responsibilities
  • The services that have co-pay or co-insurance
  • If you have a deductible, and
  • If there are any annual or life time caps

CRIT cannot help you select insurance or manage your health care account.


What happens when my insurance is exhausted and no longer pays for my child’s services?

When your insurance is exhausted and your physician deems your care to be medically necessary, you have the option of continuing services under a non-covered services agreement and you will become responsible for paying for those services.


If you have any further questions about billing, contact us at 1.844.206.4512 or via the Contact Us button.

TeletonUSA Foundation

Choose your language | Elije tu idioma